Tuning Into Teens (13 - 19 year olds)
Tuning in to Teens is group program which will be facilitated by two facilitators who are family therapy trained and trained in the Tuning into Teens program.
This program is a free six- session parenting program for parents of children or adolescents aged 11-19 years.
This course is for parents who would like to learn how to:
- Be better at talking with their teens
- Be better at understanding their teen
- Help their teen manage emotions
- Help to prevent behaviour problems with their teen
- Teach teen how to deal with conflict
Tuning into Teens shows parents how to help their teen develop emotional intelligence. Adolescents with higher emotional intelligence:
- Are more aware, assertive and strong in situations of peer pressure
- Have greater success with making friends and are more able to manage conflict with peers
- Are more able to cope when upset or angry
- Have fewer mental health and substance abuse difficulties
- Have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults
- Have greater career success